SaaS lunches will be eaten?
About This Episode
With Coté away attending to family matters, Matt Ray and Brandon have a lively discussion about the origins of VMware, product strategy and preview possible AWS Re:invent announcements. We also discuss how to celebrate Thanksgiving when you are an living down under. Most importantly, we reveal the new Software Define Talk logo!
- VMware Origins: Masters of Scale: Look Sideways — with Google / VMware’s Diane Greene.
- Strategy Discussion: Many Strategies Fail Because They’re Not Actually Strategies
- Mesosphere, a San Francisco cloud-infrastructure startup that once famously turned down an acquisition from Microsoft, is now on a $US50 million annualized run rate.
- Introducing Certified Kubernetes (and Google Kubernetes Engine!)
- Stressed about serverless lock-in? Don't be
This episode is sponsored by SolarWinds Cloud, Sign up for a free trial of SolarWinds AppOptics by visiting www.solarwinds.com/sdt and get a free launch t-shirt,
Listener Survey & More
- Get a SDT Laptop Sticker when your fill out the SDT audience survey
- Check out the Software Defined Talk Members Only White-Paper Exegesis podcast
- Join us all in the SDT Slack.