280 characters on PowerPoint, Product Management, & OpenStack
About This Episode
With Coté stuck in the tail end of polishing up a new stump speech, we discuss the magic of creating the deck and the history of PowerPoint, based on a recently published article. After slides talk and some contemplation of using Rick and Morty references in (supposedly) professional talks, we discuss how impossible keeping everyone happy with product management decisions as a product gets older. We close out talking about the recent OpenStack Summit and Mirantis.
This week’s exegesis
- OpenStack User Survey, probably. # Fuckin’ with PowerPoint, or, “these slides will compile, no matter what”
- David Byrne loves PowerPoint.
- History of PowerPoint, best $14m acquisition ever! Dive even deeper!
- Is Rick and Morty safe for slides? # 280 Characters of Bullshit(?)
- Con 1.
- Con 2.
- Con 3. # OpenStack Summit
- In Sydney.
- It’s Mirantis again!
- OpenStack Survey - Tasty Meats Paul # This week in Kubernetes
- We’re re-writing all of systems management.
- Serverless, what is it, exactly? # BONUS LINKS! Not covered in show # Meta, follow-up, etc.
- Patreon - like anyone who starts these things, I have no idea WTF it is, if it’s a good idea, or if I should be ashamed. Need some product/market fit.
- Check out the Software Defined Talk Members Only White-Paper Exegesis podcast over there.
- Join us all in the SDT Slack. # Mid-roll & Conferences
- Get $50 off Casper mattresses with the code: horraymattray
- Coté’s junk:
- Matt’s on the Road!
- Matt Ray: Talking Heads’ This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)
- Brandon: Snag it
- Coté: Ritz Crackers, all the Courtney Barnett songs.