This week, we recap the key announcements from Microsoft Ignite, ponder the broader implications of A.I., provide an update on OpenCost, and share some thoughts on migrating child accounts to teen accounts.
- I just want to do less
- Kill all the humans
- Madlibbing his keynotes
- They perked up and turned it off
- Legs are the difficult thing
- Everyone gets turned into a barnyard animal
- MSFT Ignite
- With a systems approach to chips, Microsoft aims to tailor everything ‘from silicon to service’ to meet AI demand - Source
- Microsoft Ignite 2023: all the AI news from Microsoft’s IT pro event
- Microsoft and Photonic join forces on the path to quantum at scale - Microsoft Azure Quantum Blog
- Introducing Copilot in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Guides - Microsoft Industry Blogs
- Microsoft rebrands Bing Chat to Copilot, to better compete with ChatGPT
- OpenCost and Azure
Relevant to your Interests
- Microsoft restricts employee access to OpenAI's ChatGPT
- Scoop: Amazon is ditching Android for Fire TVs, smart displays
- Octoverse: The state of open source and rise of AI in 2023
- Clouded Judgement 11.10.23
- Keycaps » Special Edition Drop » dbrand
- In a first, cryptographic keys protecting SSH connections stolen in new attack
- Linux Foundation Creating The High Performance Software Foundation (HPSF)
- 2023: The State of Generative AI in the Enterprise - Menlo Ventures
- Threat Spotlight: Reported ransomware attacks double as AI tactics take hold
- YouTube, Ad Blockers & the Advertising "Tax"
- Google sues scammers that allegedly released a malware-filled Bard knockoff
- Apple gets 36% of Google search revenue from Safari, Alphabet witness says
- RHEL and Alma Linux 9.3 released
- Amazon will officially merge Comixology with Kindle in December
- AWS staffer shows off former-prison offices on social media
- Buc-ee’s and Mercedes-Benz are partnering to add high-speed chargers
- In the Office Auto-Reply Emails for a Hybrid Work Schedule
- Facets | Helping you adopt Platform Engineering
- 8GB RAM in M3 MacBook Pro Proves the Bottleneck in Real-World Tests
- Jan 29, 2024 to Feb 1, 2024 That Conference Texas
- Code BF24 gives $300 off any professional ticket until Nov. 27.
- If you want your conference mentioned, let’s talk media sponsorships.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us: Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, Mastodon, BlueSky, LinkedIn, TikTok, Threads and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: The Killer
- Matt: Keychron Q10 (Alice Layout) with Gateron G Brown Pro switches and a wooden palm rest