This week, we recap Matt's experience at KubeCon Chicago, provide some hot takes on OpenAI's impending App Store, and delve into Apple's claim that 8 GB is all you need.
- Keep on keeping on
- They’re not sandbox projects they’re litterbox projects
- It was USB thing
- If you spent all week in the OpenCost kiosk, this is the report
- The platter days
- Wait a second, I’m a pro
- Microsoft Benchmark Home Edition
- Vanity Metrics are for Vanity
- Rub some A.I. on it
- Rubbing A.I. on all of it
- Of course this is the way you’re going to do it
- Apple insists 8GB unified memory equals 16GB regular RAM
- CIQ, Oracle, and SUSE unite behind OpenELA to take on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Matt Ray’s Keyboard Quest
Relevant to your Interests
- Despite having just 5.8% sales, over 38% of bug reports come from the Linux community
- IBM to scrap 401(k) matching, offer alternative benefit
- AWS to Azure services comparison - Azure Architecture Center
- PagerDuty To Acquire Jeli, Bolstering its End-to-End, Automated Incident Management Solution for the Enterprise
- Verdict reached in Sam Bankman-Fried fraud trial
- Sam Bankman-Fried found guilty of fraud
- The GPU Math", AI's impact on Cloud Rev and Capex
- Developer Productivity Engineering at Netflix
- Europe is in Decline: A Concerning Future Ahead
- Data observability platform Kloudfuse launches out of stealth with $23M
- Elon Musk debuts 'Grok' AI bot to rival ChatGPT, others
- Post Mortem on Cloudflare Control Plane and Analytics Outage
- Datadog stock surges 30% after cloud company beats estimates, revises guidance up
- Elevating Cloud-Native Innovation: Craig Box joins the Solo.io Team!
- Mozilla will move Firefox development from Mercurial to Microsoft's GitHub • DEVCLASS
- Understanding Open Source Adoption: Insights from the 9th State of the Software Supply Chain Report.
- New Report Shows Disconnect Between Developers and Security Teams on Software Supply Chain Security Priorities and Responsibilities
- Nvidia announces January event after rumors of an RTX 4080 Super launch
- Former Apple designers launch $700 Humane AI Pin as smartphone replacement
- Big Blue Can Still Catch The AI Wave If It Hurries - The Next Platform
- Mint is shutting down, and it’s pushing users toward Credit Karma
- Jeff Bezos Says He Is Leaving Seattle for Miami
- Jan 29, 2024 to Feb 1, 2024 That Conference Texas
- If you want your conference mentioned, let’s talk media sponsorships.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us: Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, Mastodon, BlueSky, LinkedIn, TikTok, Threads and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!