This week, we discuss Cisco's acquisition of Splunk, AWS's investment in Anthropic, and VC Market Overview Presentations. Plus, we share some thoughts on Dungeons and Dragons, as well as standardized testing.
- So much about sheep
- Maybe Ten
- Middle mega-cap
- The data stays the same, only the story changes
- Ribbon Wall
- AWS to invest up to $4B in Anthropic
Relevant to your Interests
- Upbound Contributes Control Plane Provider Technology to Crossplane
- Your iPhone can now restore your Apple TV if the streaming box has problems
- Elon Musk's Neuralink is recruiting patients for its first human trial
- Roblox acquires voice moderation startup Speechly | TechCrunch
- Harness launches Gitness, an open source GitHub competitor | TechCrunch
- Broadcom-VMware Deal Inches Closer In China: Report | CRN
- 1Password rolls out public passkey support to its mobile apps and web extensions
- Intel Unveils Industry-Leading Glass Substrates
- Amazon's Prime Video will show ads unless you pay $3 more per month
- Salesforce to acquire Airkit.ai, a low-code platform for building AI customer service agents | TechCrunch
- Spreadsheets are the long tail of datasets that don’t have their own SaaS tool yet
- Microsoft Cloud hiring to "implement global small modular reactor and microreactor" strategy to power data centers
- Demand for Software Developers will STILL outweigh the supply.
- No sacred masterpieces
- Vista Equity Partners has quietly topped $100 billion in assets under management
- ll iPhone 15 Models Can Be Connected To An Ethernet Cable Through The USB-C Port Via Dongle To Enable Incredibly Fast Wired Speeds
- U.S. Accuses Amazon of Illegally Protecting Monopoly in Online Retail
- Google Podcasts to shut down in 2024 with listeners migrated to YouTube Music
- Tech layoffs are all but a thing of the past
- Terraform fork OpenTF gets renamed to OpenTofu
- What’s Up With Open Terraform? — Arrested DevOps
- Open source is at a crossroads with Steve O'Grady from RedMonk (Changelog Interviews #558)
- Ads are coming to Amazon Prime Video, unless you pay more
- Airlines Are Just Banks Now ## Nonsense
- F-35 crash: Pilot called 911 after parachuting into backyard
- You can find love on Tinder for $500 a month, if you qualify for its elite tier
- Apple Podcasts adds original programming from Apple Music, Apple News+ and other apps | TechCrunch
- Slack's revamped UI feels like a step in the wrong direction
- Brett’s Slack Tip: Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+S when the new Slack design lands on you. It’ll give you your Slack community sidebar back.
- Oct 3rd Enterprise DevOps Techcon, Utrecht.
- October 6, 2023, KCD Texas 2023, CFP Closes: August 30, 2023
- October 5 - 6, 2023, Devopsdays Indianapolis 2023
- Oct 9th Spring Tour Amsterdam
- Oct 10th, 17th, 24th talk series: Building a Path to Production: A Guide for Managers and Leaders in Platform Engineering
- November 6-9, 2023, KubeCon NA, SDT’s a sponsor, Matt’s there
- November 6-9, 2023 VMware Explore Barcelona, Coté’s attending
- Jan 29, 2024 to Feb 1, 2024 That Conference Texas
- If you want your conference mentioned, let’s talk media sponsorships.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us: Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, Mastodon, BlueSky, LinkedIn, TikTok, Threads and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!