This week we discuss Private Equity buying New Relic and review the Gartner MQ for APM like no one else. Plus, some thoughts on yogurt, fruit and almonds…
- How big are your almonds?
- It’s under consideration
- The Olympics of Monitoring
- Putting Hats on Cats
- Stanley Nickels for Monitoring
- The 3 Fines
- It’s just crazy enough [that] it might work
- I was told the test was log management
- IDC is the thin balogna
- New Relic is getting bought so let’s overanalyze the APM MQ
Relevant to your Interests
- Kustomer, the CRM startup acquired by Meta last year for $1B, spins out on a $250M valuation
- Harvard’s Famous Study on Happiness Might Surprise You - Meetup Blog
- Historical software multiples at IPO
- Introducing the ChatGPT app for iOS
- Luxottica confirms 2021 data breach after info of 70M leaks online
- Redpanda CEO on business source (BSL) over open source
- Australian stock exchange says software overhaul won't involve blockchain
- Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK) agreed to buy Giphy
- The 5 biggest announcements from Microsoft Build 2023
- Microsoft launches Fabric, a new end-to-end data and analytics platform
- Alibaba misses revenue estimate, approves cloud unit spinoff
- Laid-off Big Tech workers are getting invited to return—on unfavorable terms
- A Texas A&M-Commerce Rodeo Instructor failed his entire class due to a basic misunderstanding of how "Chat GTP" works
- The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Walt Disney World will take its final voyage
- Opening 100 pppts at once? Challenge accepted!
- The Latest Sriracha Shortage Looks Worse Than The First One
- June 1st VMUG Belgium in Brussels , free.
- June 7th State of Kubernetes overview, online.
- June 8th to 9th PlatformCon, online.
- June 22nd to 23rd DevOpsDays Amsterdam, attending.
- June 27th to 30th FinOps X San Diego, attending.
- August 8th Kubernetes Community Day Australia, attending.
- August 21st to 24th SpringOne & VMware Explore US, in Las Vegas.
- Explore EU CFP is open.
- Sep 6th to 7th DevOpsDays Des Moines, speaking.
- Sep 18th to 19th SHIFT in Zadar, speaking.
- If you want your conference mentioned, let’s talk media sponsorships.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, Mastodon, LinkedIn, TikTok and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: What’s new in Mimestream 1.0?
- Matt: Have a picnic
- Coté: Hoodie and shorts for the spring; the “web browsing” plugin in ChatGPT does not work well.