Episode 408 · March 31st, 2023 · 1 hr 10 mins
About this Episode
This week we discuss Docker’s reversal, Amazon's return to office, Apple’s headset, the state of the Metaverse and the rise of LLMs. Plus, Matt shares his sleep study experience and an after-show about Hawaii.
Watch the YouTube Live Recording of Episode 408
- Tyranny of 16x9
- College Sports of Mastodon
- Sleep Study
- NPS survey at the end
- Dependent on Goodwill
- This is best for the customer
- Worlds greatest employer
- Apple, we were counting on you
- Mechanized Mansplaining
- We're no longer sunsetting the Free Team plan
- Amazon’s head of HR rejects employees’ return-to-office petition (Insider)
- At Apple, Rare Dissent Over a New Product: Interactive Goggles
- Disney reportedly eliminates metaverse division in first round of layoffs
- Cheating is All You Need
Relevant to your Interests
- Introducing World ID and SDK
- You Broke Reddit: The Pi-Day Outage
- De-cloud and de-k8s — bringing our apps back home
- Venture Firms And Startups Are Returning To Government-Backed SVB In Droves
- OpenStack starts wrapping around the alphabet to name it's latest release.
- 51 Tips For Surviving in a BIG Company
- New York Times touts continued Wordle success
- SVB Capital Owned Pieces Of Top VC Firms. With A Sale Ongoing, Their Future Is In Flux.
- First Citizens agrees to buy Silicon Valley Bank
- Databricks pushes open-source chatbot as cheaper ChatGPT alternative
- Let's Get To The News #11: 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
- Rackspace cutting workforce in response to downturn. Amid string of losses, its stock has plummeted.
- Microsoft is testing a redesigned Windows 11 audio mixer
- Twilio's IoT business unit to be acquired by KORE to build first 'IoT Hyperscaler'
- Apple Releases iOS and iPadOS 16.4 with New Emoji, Notifications for Web Apps on the Home Screen, Voice Isolation for Cellular Calls, New Shortcuts Actions, and More
- The Bank Regulators Are Disappointed
- ChatGPT plugins
- AI changes the software-making game
- Google Distributed Cloud Hosted is GA | Google Cloud Blog
- Alibaba to split into 6 units and explore IPOs; shares up 14% in the U.S.
- Elon Musk: Only paid subscribers will get recommended in Twitter 'For You' feed
- Zoom is adding new features to compete with Slack, Calendly, Google and Microsoft
- How Siri, Alexa and Google Assistant Lost the A.I. Race
- Beaver fossil named after Buc-ee's
- The Ultimate Texas Brand Bracket Crowns Its Champion — Texas Monthly
- KubeCon EU Amsterdam, April 18-21 - Matt & Cote will be there
- DevOpsDays Birmingham, AL 2023, April 20 - 21, 2023
- DevOpsDays Austin 2023, May 4-5
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, Mastodon, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: Duo Lingo