Episode 385 · November 4th, 2022 · 1 hr 3 mins
About this Episode
This week we discuss Cloud Growth Rates, Corporate Security, Meta’s Strategy and Elon’s Twitter Takeover. Plus, some thoughts on bike locks and a parenting post mortem.
Watch the YouTube Live Recording of Episode 385
- Cormac will give her a ride home
- The Baby is asleep
- Maybe she will get angry.
- Lectures don’t work
- See you on Mars, motherfucker!
- You can have 1 piece of dog walk
- It’s only stupid until it works.
- Make big bets, but don’t tell anyone until you win.
- Armchair strategists.
- I forgot the Nokia thing, that was kind of a big deal.
- How long have I been working
- The CTA of Twitter
- An exercise for the listener
- As overall cloud infrastructure market growth dips to 24%, AWS reports slowdown
- Cloud Giants Update
- Amazon's cloud business just recorded its weakest growth to date and missed analysts' estimates
Relevant to your Interests
- Apple to put USB-C connectors in iPhones to comply with EU rules
- Documentary Film “Inside Prometheus” Highlights Open Source Impact and the Innovators That Make it Happen
- Inside Prometheus: new film showcases the impact and the innovators
- What a combined Broadcom and VMware can deliver to our customers
- Microsoft (MSFT) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript @themotleyfool #stocks $MSFT
- Big Tech's ranks swelled last year
- Apple beats earnings during tech stock meltdown
- Everything we know so far about Jack Dorsey’s brand new app
- List of KubeCon Sponsors
- Was Jack Welch the Greatest C.E.O. of His Day—or the Worst?
- Google reportedly spends $100 million on avatars to take on TikTok
- DevOps de los Muertos
- Prepare Now for Critical Flaw in OpenSSL, Security Experts Warn
- Netflix is acquiring cozy game developer Spry Fox
- IBM to launch database-as-a-service version of Db2
- Singapore to phase out checks by 205
- Cutting R&D to Grow GTM Spend
- 1Password acquires Texas-based Passage to fuel push into passkeys
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022
- All Day DevOps | The World's Largest DevOps Conference, Nov. 10th
- THAT Conference Texas Speakers and Schedule. Jan 15th-18th use code SDT for 5% off
- CloudNativeSecurityCon North America, Seattle, Feb 1 – 2, 2023
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Southwest Airlines Lost and Found
- The Cloudcast: Reviewing KubeCon Detroit
- Coté: micro.blog. Coté’s setup over there (for blogging too!). Also, you can still register to see my legacy trap talk tomorrow, maybe see the replay?