This week we discuss Amazon’s “Builder Experience” Unit, Adobe buying Figma, Slack’s Status and Zoom gets into email. Plus, Coté embraces the defaults Notes lifestyle.
- Freed from Intel
- It works!
- Coteisms are, in fact, incompatible with defaulteisms
- It will be fun
- The Apple Chip
- A Demi Kettle
- Pay for your own Flu
- Free to interrupt me
- Feet on the desk in business suit emoji.
- None of us can master the intranet.
- The network is the calendar.
- Amazon Built a New Unit to Fix Its Crumbling Engineering Culture
- Could Slack Finally Fix the 'Away' Status?
- Zoom Readies Email and Calendar Products to Defend Itself Against Microsoft, Google
Relevant to your Interests
- Why We Are Changing the License for Akka
- A Message from Twilio CEO Jeff Lawson
- Ethereum Is Merging
- Twitter whistleblower's testimony did little to help Elon Musk
- Former top Cisco executives launch networking startup Nile
- Audio subscription platform Podimo raises €58.6M
- Vulnerability Management for Go - The Go Programming Language
- Cloud adoption will fail because of the skills gap - Lydia Leong
- Ethereum's massive software upgrade just went live — here's what it does
- Amazon Web Services — Acquired
- It Is Time for Businesses to Build Their Own Microprocessors
- Uber Investigating Breach of Its Computer Systems
- Securing the Supply Chain of Nothing
- Google cancels half the projects at its internal R&D group Area 120
- McKinsey charges $500k per project, telling stories through data.
- Starbucks NFTs. Simon Taylor is pretty sharp on fintech IMO
- Linux Foundation Announces an Intent to Form the OpenWallet Foundation
- Microsoft Teams has been storing authentication tokens in plaintext | Engadget
- The iPhone 14 Feature Apple Didn’t Tell You About
- Document Foundation charges €8.99 for macOS LibreOffice
- Sharp Tech
- Morgan Stanley Lost Some Hard Drives
- A Look Back at Q2 '22 Public Cloud Software Earnings
- Charted: Big Tech market values
- Private equity may become a ‘pyramid scheme’, warns Danish pension fund
- The Persistent Effect of Initial Success: Evidence from Venture Capital
- YouTube will start sharing ad revenue with Shorts creators as the company tries to catch TikTok
- When we learned that our future AI overlords loved bowling
- File this under: Old Bay goes with anything
- I Tried 21 Flavors of Mountain Dew For Some Reason.
- Sydney Cloud FinOps Meetup, online, Oct 13, 2022 Matt’s presenting
- KubeCon North America, Detroit, Oct 24 – 28, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022
- THAT Conference Texas Call For Counselors Jan 16-19, 2023
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Coté: “Warm Oak.” Gentleman in Moscow. #defaultslifestyle update: Notes and Reminders.