Episode 348 · March 11th, 2022 · 50 mins 11 secs
About this Episode
This week we discuss the potential digital transformation of the Dollar and Snowflake’s Strategy. Plus, what exactly is Heavy Metal…
Register here to be invited to future Software Defined Meetups
- Digital Transformation of the Dollar
- Let’s check in on SNOW
Relevant to your Interests
- Need to keep your SBC fresh? Armbian v22.02 is out
- Developing Games Around the World: Netflix to Acquire Next Games
- Private equity firm Hellman & Friedman buys 7.5% stake in Splunk
- Report: Twitch confronted with staff "exodus" over strategy disagreements
- As Nvidia hacker deadline looms, 71,000 employee accounts have reportedly been exposed
- Understanding the value of AWS and Amazon Retail integration - a perspective from a long-time $AMZN shareholder.
- Europe attempts to break the internet again:
- Notable Internal Systems at Amazon
- Amazon's assistance in Ukraine
- Amazon's $31b "ad business" isn't
- DevOpsDays Austin donated $10,000 saved from 10 yrs of events to Ukraine relief
- For Its Next Trick, Nvidia Is Doing Software-Defined Storage
- Amazon announces 20-for-1 stock split
- First Apple M1 Ultra Benchmark Posted, Nearly Matches Threadripper 3990X
- Cloudflare, CrowdStrike, and Ping Identity launch the Critical Infrastructure Defense Project
- Google to Acquire Mandiant
- Salesforce is opening four new office towers
- Tech giants move to reopen offices, but differ on hybrid-work plans
- Here's Everything Apple Announced Today
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- Postlight — Postlight co-founders Paul Ford and Rich Ziade talk tech, business, ethics, and culture. Subscribe to the Postlight Podcast: https://postlight.com/podcast
- .Net Beyond conference, March 30–31, 2022, online.
- THAT Conference comes to Texas, May 23-26, 2022
- Discount Codes:
- Everything Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriends75
- 3 Day Camper Ticket ($50 off): SDTFriends50
- Virtual Ticket ($75 off): SDTFriendsON75
- THAT Conference Wisconsin, July 25, 2022
- DevOps Days Birmingham AL,, April 18 & 19th, 2022
- DevOpsDays Austin 2022, May 4 - 5, 2022
- DevOpsDays Chicago 2022:, May 10 & 11th, 2022
- Splunk’s ,conf, June 13-16, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: The Last Duel
- Coté: complaint department grenades, The French Dispatch.
- Matt: Reincubate Camo