This week we recap some of the Apple News and discuss the latest productivity research from Microsoft. Plus, an update on Coté’s struggle to adopt Apple Notes…
- Apple wins and loses in court, patches a vulnerability and release new products
- Apple’s App Store Dealt Blow by Judge in Epic Antitrust Case
- Apple must allow other forms of in-app purchases, rules judge in Epic v. Apple
- Major win for Epic Games: Apple has 90 days to open up app store payments
- FORCEDENTRY: NSO Group iMessage Zero-Click Exploit Captured in the Wild
- Apple Issues Emergency Security Updates to Close a Spyware Flaw
- The 8 biggest announcements from Apple’s iPhone 13 event
- iPadOS 15.
- Study of Microsoft employees shows how remote work puts productivity and innovation at risk
Relevant to your interests
- Framework Laptop pre-orders are now open
- Facebook debuts Ray-Ban Stories, smart glasses that record video
- EXCLUSIVE Wide-ranging SolarWinds probe sparks fear in Corporate America
- Epic is shutting down Houseparty
- Cross-Account Container Takeover in Azure Container Instances
- Microsoft gives up predicting when its US offices will fully reopen
- Hackers leak passwords for 500,000 Fortinet VPN accounts
- How a New User Can Run Just One Container in the AWS Cloud…Maybe
- Programming languages: Python is on the verge of another big step forward | ZDNet
- Oracle falls short on revenue as it ramps up cloud investment
- Investigation: How Roblox Is Exploiting Young Game Developers
- Open Scheduling Infrastructure, Calendly was last valued at $3b valuation
- The next Big Tech battle: Amazon’s bet on healthcare begins to take shape
- Thoughtworks Rises With Others in Flurry of High-Performing IPOs
- strongDM Raises $54M Series B ****
- Chat App Discord Is Worth $15 Billion After New Funding
- Microsoft in standoff with Amazon over big hire, names Charlie Bell to lead ‘bold’ new security group
- Google Cloud CEO Thomas Kurian reorganizes engineering unit in hopes of gaining market share more quickly
- Open source backend-as-a-service startup Supabase raises $30M
- Canva raises $200 million at a $40 billion valuation
- Intuit to buy Mailchimp for $12 billion
- They will even sing 'Happy Birthday.' Robots are picking up unwanted jobs at a Latin restaurant in Texas
- How long are you in meetings?
- Don’t Sleep On The Lawn, There’s An AI-Powered, Flamethrower-Wielding Robot About
- Unicode 14.0 adds 37 new emoji, including 'melting face' and 'beans' | Engadget
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- CBT Nuggets — Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start your 7-day Free Trial today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt
- DevOps World by CloudBees September 28-30
- DevOps Loop | October 4, 2021 - see Coté’s promo video.
- KubeCon October 11-15 Virtual and In Person
- THAT Conference comes to Texas January 17-20, 2022
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- TriggerMesh is hiring!