Hash codes for everyone
Episode 320 · September 17th, 2021 · 1 hr 2 mins
About this Episode
This week we recap some of the Apple News and discuss the latest productivity research from Microsoft. Plus, an update on Coté’s struggle to adopt Apple Notes…
- Apple wins and loses in court, patches a vulnerability and release new products
- Apple’s App Store Dealt Blow by Judge in Epic Antitrust Case
- Apple must allow other forms of in-app purchases, rules judge in Epic v. Apple
- Major win for Epic Games: Apple has 90 days to open up app store payments
- FORCEDENTRY: NSO Group iMessage Zero-Click Exploit Captured in the Wild
- Apple Issues Emergency Security Updates to Close a Spyware Flaw
- The 8 biggest announcements from Apple’s iPhone 13 event
- iPadOS 15.
- Study of Microsoft employees shows how remote work puts productivity and innovation at risk
Relevant to your interests
- Framework Laptop pre-orders are now open
- Facebook debuts Ray-Ban Stories, smart glasses that record video
- EXCLUSIVE Wide-ranging SolarWinds probe sparks fear in Corporate America
- Epic is shutting down Houseparty
- Cross-Account Container Takeover in Azure Container Instances
- Microsoft gives up predicting when its US offices will fully reopen
- Hackers leak passwords for 500,000 Fortinet VPN accounts
- How a New User Can Run Just One Container in the AWS Cloud…Maybe
- Programming languages: Python is on the verge of another big step forward | ZDNet
- Oracle falls short on revenue as it ramps up cloud investment
- Investigation: How Roblox Is Exploiting Young Game Developers
- Open Scheduling Infrastructure, Calendly was last valued at $3b valuation
- The next Big Tech battle: Amazon’s bet on healthcare begins to take shape
- Thoughtworks Rises With Others in Flurry of High-Performing IPOs
- strongDM Raises $54M Series B ****
- Chat App Discord Is Worth $15 Billion After New Funding
- Microsoft in standoff with Amazon over big hire, names Charlie Bell to lead ‘bold’ new security group
- Google Cloud CEO Thomas Kurian reorganizes engineering unit in hopes of gaining market share more quickly
- Open source backend-as-a-service startup Supabase raises $30M
- Canva raises $200 million at a $40 billion valuation
- Intuit to buy Mailchimp for $12 billion
- They will even sing 'Happy Birthday.' Robots are picking up unwanted jobs at a Latin restaurant in Texas
- How long are you in meetings?
- Don’t Sleep On The Lawn, There’s An AI-Powered, Flamethrower-Wielding Robot About
- Unicode 14.0 adds 37 new emoji, including 'melting face' and 'beans' | Engadget
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- CBT Nuggets — Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start your 7-day Free Trial today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt
- DevOps World by CloudBees September 28-30
- DevOps Loop | October 4, 2021 - see Coté’s promo video.
- KubeCon October 11-15 Virtual and In Person
- THAT Conference comes to Texas January 17-20, 2022
- Matt wants you to work at Github. Hiring, both senior and non-senior roles.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- TriggerMesh is hiring!
- Brandon: Reverse Sear a Steak
- Matt: Halo Master Chief Collection
- Coté: AirServer.