This week we discuss 1Password moving to Electron, Knative and Infrastructure as Code best practices. Plus, what to do with extra lumber…
- Users lobby 1Password to abandon new Electron version
- Cisco beefing up app monitoring portfolio with acquisition of Epsagon for $500M
- Cloud startup Epsagon to be acquired by Cisco for $500 million
Relevant to your interests
- Clearlake Capital completes strategic equity investment in RSA
- Apple SVP Craig Federighi responds to confusion over iOS 15 iCloud child safety policies in new interview
- Poly Network offers $500,000 reward to crypto hacker who returned stolen assets.
- PolyNetwork's Hacker Returns All Funds on Ethereum and Refuses a $500K Bug Bounty
- Disney Beats Q3 Estimates As Streaming Flagship Hits 116M Subscribers
- Translates GitHub Actions into Tekton and Knative Objects
- Music Distributor DistroKid Raises Money at $1.3 Billion Valuation from the creator of F’dcompany.com
- HashiCorp State of Cloud Strategy Survey
- T-Mobile Investigating Claims of Massive Data Breach
- Funding, Buyback, and Hiring
- Palantir bought $50 million in gold bars in August as cash pile grows
- In No Code you delete code as you write it.
- Roblox bookings grow 35% to $665.5M for Q2 2021
- WhatsApp Can’t Ban the Taliban Because It Can’t Read Their Texts
- OK, so you stole $600m-plus from us, how about you be our Chief Security Advisor, Poly Network asks thief
- Postman’s Series D Funding and the API-First World
- Would the math work if Databricks were valued at $38B?
- Debian 11 formally debuts and hits the Bullseye
- This is why Valve is switching from Debian to Arch for Steam Deck's Linux OS
- The Most Dangerous Writing App
- Suicide Linux
- Austin expected to become least-affordable metro for homebuyers outside of California
- These People Who Work From Home Have a Secret: They Have Two Jobs
- How QR codes are made
- Atlas | Leaps, Bounds, and Backflips
- Every hotdog eaten shortens life by 36 minutes
- Progress Report: August 2021
- PINE64 presents PineNote, its new tablet in ebook format with electronic ink
- EC2 offers 400 Instance Types
- Amazon EC2 M6i Instances Powered by the Latest-Generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processors
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- CBT Nuggets — Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start your 7-day Free Trial today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt
- Clubhouse.io — is project management built specifically for software teams. Sign up to day at www.clubhouse.io/sdt
- SpringOne, Sep 1-2
- DevOps World by CloudBees September 28-30
- DevOps Loop | October 4, 2021 - see Coté’s promo video.
- THAT Conference comes to Texas January 17-20, 2022
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: The White Lotus on HBO
- Matt: Cloud Native AF #2: James Urquhart
- Coté: Sharp R20DS microwave. Also, see product descriptions about defrosting stew and other “small meals” for rival microwaves.
Clubhouse.io is project management built specifically for software teams. Sign up at: www.clubhouse.io/sdt
Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT.
Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start learning today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt.