This week we try to make sense of Snowflake’s stance on open source and review the State of Serverless. Plus, some advice on parking cars in Amsterdam.
- Striking a balance with ‘open’ at Snowflake
- The State of Serverless
Relevant to your interests
- Tracking the San Francisco Tech Exodus
- SolarWinds CEO reveals much earlier hack timeline, regrets company blaming intern
- U.S. Treasury calls for stricter cryptocurrency compliance with IRS, says they pose tax evasion risk
- The Full Story of the Stunning RSA Hack Can Finally Be Told
- Coinbase suffers outages as cryptos plummet in massive sell-off
- Snapchat's partner summit this year was done entirely in augmented reality
- Snap says it now has 500 million monthly active users
- Snap buys WaveOptics, a company that makes parts for augmented reality glasses, in $500 million deal
- Azure services fall over in Europe, Microsoft works on fix
- Twitter previews Ticketed Spaces, says it’ll take a 20 percent cut of sales
- Oracle insiders say there is a ‘culture of fear’ under the leadership of its key cloud unit
- It took 'over 80 different developers' to review and fix 'mess' made by students who sneaked bad code into Linux
- The Unstoppable Battery Onslaught
- Netflix Reportedly Wants To Get Into The Video Games Industry
- Auto Makers Retreat From 50 Years of ‘Just in Time’ Manufacturing
- Overwork Killed More Than 745,000 People In A Year, WHO Study Finds
- Oracle intros Arm-powered cloud, includes on-prem option for big spenders
- Twilio invests in adaptive communications platform Hyro
- Microsoft Build 2021 Book of News
- Announcing General Availability of Microsoft Build of OpenJDK
- Microsoft has built an AI-powered autocomplete for code using GPT-3
- Green Software Foundation
- The 17 Ways to Run Containers on AWS - Last Week in AWS
- Please fix the AWS Free Tier before somebody gets hurt
- Colonial Pipeline Ransomware Attack: CISOs React
- Privacy on iPhone | Tracked | Apple
- Happy Blurpthday to Discord, a Place for Everything You Can Imagine
- The Ford F-150 Lightning Is the Electric Vehicle of Dystopia
- Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak has an unusual approach to his finance
- Twitch launches a dedicated "hot tubs" category after advertiser pushback
- Nonstop flights to Amsterdam back on Austin's horizon
- CBT Nuggets — Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start your 7-day Free Trial today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- RabbitMQ Summit, July 13-14, 2021.
- SpringOne, Sep 1st to 2nd.
- June 3rd modernization webinar for EMEA
- THAT July 26,- July 29, in Wisconsin, Submissions Open Through June 14
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon: Last Breath | Netflix