This week we discuss cloud migration strategies, the rise of Serverless and the future of PaaS. Plus, advice on how to start your day.
- AWS introduces new Application Migration Service
- AWS App Runner – Fully managed container application service
- Develop production-scale modern web apps quickly with Azure Static Web Apps
Relevant to your interests
- Only 4% of iOS users in US are opting in to ad tracking, report says
- Lightstep is joining ServiceNow
- Pentagon Weighs Ending JEDI Cloud Project Amid Amazon Court Fight
- Crypto Markets Are Where the Fun Is
- You can now buy NFTs on eBay, and ‘blockchain-driven collectibles’ are coming soon
- TikTok is launching a job hiring service to help find gigs for Gen Z
- VMware CEO Raghuram On ‘Vigorously’ Competing With Nutanix
- Apple employees circulate petition demanding investigation into "misogynistic" new hire
- A Conversation With a Dogecoin Millionaire
- Apple’s ‘Find My’ Network Exploited via Bluetooth
- Jeff Blackburn Returns To Amazon To Oversee Combined Media & Entertainment
- Goldman Sachs Executive Quits After Making Fortune on Dogecoin: Report | The Daily Hodl
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2021
- Antonio García Martínez’s controversial exit from Apple — Recode Media
- Google Cloud CEO predicts boom in business-process-as-a-service
- GitHub now lets all developers upload videos to demo bugs and features
- 1 big thing: The new digital extortion
- Oracle sues Envisage claiming unauthorized database use amid licensing crackdown
- Apple robbed the mob's bank | Mobile Dev Memo
- Apple Music subscribers will get lossless and spatial audio for free next month
- Top 15 Kubernetes Podcasts You Must Follow in 2021
- Happy Blurpthday to Discord, a Place for Everything You Can Imagine
- Apple’s M1 is a fast CPU—but M1 Macs feel even faster due to QoS
- First Enterprise-Grade Distribution of the Popular CNCF Project Crossplane Arrives,
- PlanetScale grabs YouTube-developed open-source tech, promises
- Project Starline: Feel like you're there, together
- Python programming: We want to make the language twice as fast, says its creator
- Google Workspace turns to "smart chips" to weave Docs, Tasks, and Meet together
- Google Cloud launches Vertex AI, a new managed machine learning platform – TechCrunch
- Freenode IRC staff quit after new owner "seizes" control of network
- Service Mesh Wars, Goodbye Istio
- Google revives RSS
- Google Wants to Make Everyone Use Two Factor Authentication
- Cloudflare launches campaign to ‘end the madness’ of CAPTCHAs
- Media Statement Updated May 8, 2021: Colonial Pipeline System Disruption
- Snyk Acquires FossID to Accelerate Worldwide Developer-First Security Adoption
- We raised $100M in our Series F: here’s what we’re building next (Circle CI)
- Amazon Said to Make $9 Billion Offer for MGM
- What to Know Ahead of the Squarespace's Direct Listing
- WarnerMedia and Discovery combine to create a $150B streaming giant
- Cisco to acquire Indy startup Socio to bring hybrid events to Webex
- A Big Day for Business Texting: Twilio Acquires Zipwhip for $850 Million
- SoftBank Reports Highest-Ever Annual Profit for a Japanese Company
- Netlify Acquires FeaturePeek and Launches Next Generation of Deploy Previews to Streamline Collaboration for Web Teams
- Video shows man making slow escape in ride-on mower 'test drive'
- Company forgets why they exist after 11-week migration to Kubernetes
- Reborn: Journals and Notebooks
- CBT Nuggets — Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start your 7-day Free Trial today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- RabbitMQ Summit, July 13-14, 2021.
- SpringOne, Sep 1st to 2nd.
- June 3rd modernization webinar for EMEA.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!