This week we give our hot takes on GameStop, Clubhouse and Calendly. Plus, is Austin really a bad place to move?
- Matt Ray finds a snake…?
- The Battle of GameStop
- Bitcoin Follow up
- Graham says we were close to getting Crypto but missed it.
- Nathan from Slack says: “The problem with Bitcoin is that people treat it as an investment rather than a currency. “
- Central bank digital currency
- Bitcoin | Acquired Podcast
Relevant to your interests
- https://open.engineer (rating engineers by public GitHub, what could go wrong?)
- Stepping up for a truly open source Elasticsearch | Amazon Web Services
- Vagrant First Commit
- Google threatens to shut off search engine in Australia over news law
- Otter.ai’s new Chrome extension can transcribe Google Meet calls in real time
- Tucows closes its once-popular software download site
- Advice on Lambda
- End-to-end operators are the next generation of consumer business
- Google employees have formed another union, this one international
- Twitter acquiring newsletter publishing company Revue
- Discord looks to grow beyond its gaming roots
- Raspberry Pi
- How a Linux migration led to the creation of Amazon Web Services
- Four security vendors disclose SolarWinds-related incidents | ZDNet
- Costco Prices
- California man blasts Texas 'dystopia' in Op-Ed after moving to Austin (originally from a 2016 Quora answer).
- Tom Morello impressed with this Guitarist
- US Man Installs Crypto Mining Rig in Hybrid BMW Sportscar
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
Listener Recommend Jobs
- Dan wants you to work at Gymshark as a Platform Reliability Engineer in the U.K.
- Michael Neale wants to work at CloudBees as a Senior Ops Engineer in U.S. East or EMEA
- Prash wants to work at CDK as a Software Architect in the U.K.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!