What is a ThousandEyes, Cisco’s acquired businesses and oddly named BUs, nailing your bi-annual performance review. Plus, a review of ChefCon online.
- Sounds normal for now.
- It was kinda cool, kinda sad.
- Covered in yoke.
- We just had to speed test it out.
- Katamari Damacy M&A.
- I hate network monitoring, shut it all down!
- The ProductTK.
- What’s the plural of Kubernetes?
- Managers are really into career development, what’s the deal with that?
- Chernobyl as a metaphor for corporate life.
- Return the Jewels.
- Cisco acquires ThousandEyes for around $1 billion to make deeper push into software
- Chef Turns Its Focus to Security with Compliance, Desktop Additions
- DevOps from above! US Air Force says upcoming B-21 stealth bomber will run Kubernetes
Relevant to your interests
- What recession? Dell, VMware vaporize Wall Street earnings estimates
- Google and Microsoft worked together to improve spellcheck in Chrome and Edge
- GitHub Supply Chain Attack Uses Octopus Scanner Malware
- Microsoft is cutting dozens of MSN news production workers and replacing them with artificial intelligence
- Priyanka Sharma Joins CNCF as General Manager
- Google’s “overpromising” led to Stadia “disappointment,” says RDR2 publisher
- Leaked posts show Facebook employees asking the company to remove Trump’s threat of violence
- Google’s Anthos Expansion Follows Technical Track - SDxCentral
- Behind tech layoffs lay systemic cash flow negative companies
- Is a trillion-dollar worth of programming lying on the ground
- Police scanner apps get record downloads
- Google faces $5 billion lawsuit in U.S. for tracking 'private' internet use
- Mirantis’ Docker Enterprise 3.1 Adds Windows Support, Enterprise SLAs
- Where GREP Came From - Computerphile
- Software Engineering Within SpaceX
- Autonomous Zen Work Pod. Built for all creatives
- the CEO of Zoom, Eric Yuan, just started talking on his company's blowout earnings call on Zoom and he was on mute
- Sent stickers to Daniel from Paris. He is going to put it on his bike helmet. Excellent idea.
- Andrew from Long Beach says he loves the show so I sent him stickers too.
- MongoDB’s virtual event http://MongoDB.Live on June 9-10, 2020
- THAT Conference August 3 - 6 in Wisconsin Dells®. Fill out their survey
- Kubecon + CloudNativeCon Virtual Conference on August 17th-20th
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Brandon: Pod Save America and Pod Save the People podcasts.
- Matt Ray: Upload; Run The Jewels 4.
- Coté: DrunkAndRetired.com Podcast; The Xero Music Hour; Magma notebooks.
Header photo from Andrew, probably.