Microsoft nails the Linux desktop and it’s cloud MoM’s for everyone. Plus, Coté goes over the thrilling world of Outlook email rules.
- “The triumphant return to the home office. “
- Net Ninety.
- Software Stockholm Syndrome.
- Office Mail 360 Whatever.
- I had a lot of time, when I wasn’t fucking going crazy.
- I never read those emails.
- I hear Trump is shutting down Twitter.
- Neck-deep in archaic 2FA.
- Aggressively defensive.
- Microsoft wins the Linux desktop vision.
- MoMs are important.
- Cloud Candyland.
- I don’t know how to pronounce the Ø in RØDE. I was never into heavy metal.
- Feed the baby.
- New sign-off catch-phrease: that’s a bunch of information for you.
- Microsoft Build
- Azure Arc and Kubernetes: a Developer Story
- Microsoft is bringing Linux GUI apps to Windows 10
- The new Windows command-line: Windows Terminal and WSL 2
- New Terminal with all the bells and whistles customized via JSON
- Linux in Windows Explorer with Faster File Access
- Lightweight VM that supports 100% system calls
- Linux GUI Apps on Windows
- Remote Work
- Stack Overflow Developer Survey 2020
- Loved: Rust, Dreaded: VBA, Wanted: Python
- GitHub and Slack: 1,2, Teams toward the bottom
- 50/50 DevOps vs. No DevOps
- Primary OS: Windows at ~45%, macOS and Linux split ~25% and who is using BSD
Relevant to your interests
- What Just Happened? Flash Report on Q1 SaaS Sales | Scale Venture Partners
- How TechCrunch is like the Iliad
- IBM to cut jobs for first time under new CEO Arvind Krishna
- Researchers claim new internet speed record of 44.2 Tbps
- Hertz, Car Rental Pioneer, Files for Bankruptcy Protection
- What the hell, SaaS valuations? – TechCrunch
- The Confessions of the Hacker Who Saved the Internet
- Linus Torvalds Switches To AMD Ryzen Threadripper After 15 Years Of Intel Systems - Phoronix
- Migrating To Kubernetes: Moving To A Better World | Top Business Tech
- ARM's Cortex-X custom CPU program may finally make Android flagship performance competitive with Apple
- Collaboration Tools
- A smaller, simpler Docker looks to get its groove back
- Choosing 2FA authenticator apps can be hard. Ars did it so you don’t have to
Sign up at: https://www.mongodb.com/cloud/atlas/register. After you create your account enter code ATLASSDT in the payments & billing section and get $200 in free credits.
- ChefConf 2020 June 2, 2020 All Digital.
- MongoDB’s virtual event http://MongoDB.Live on June 9-10, 2020
- THAT Conference August 3 - 6 in Wisconsin Dells®. Fill out their survey
- Kubecon + CloudNativeCon Virtual Conference on August 17th-20th
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Brandon: ZeroZeroZero on Amazon Prime.
- Matt Ray: 8GB Raspberry Pi 4 on sale now at $75 - Raspberry Pi.
- Coté: RØDE Wireless Go.