Everyone loves white papers
Are white papers a force for good or evil? We discuss. Also, the $20,000 AMI and Coté’s current kubernetes comprehension.
- “A Quote from the episode…”
- Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, wherever you are.
- “I’m happy to talk about Coronavirus.”
- We could always go to ‘Paranoid Matt Corner’
- Will Coté get to stay in Amsterdam this Spring?
- Crank up the YouTube
- Nobody’s gonna be traveling anymore anyway
- Cote’s gonna be our Ed McMahon now
- Your whitepaper should have an elevator pitch
- Garbage trash proposals
- Uniquely sourced
- Why are we still doing this?
- They’re busy running their business.
- “Can you write me a business case.”
- PDFs a Plenty
- The White Paper Album
- Speaking of BS phrases
- The white paper to take down white papers
- “Walking into the door feeling”
- The AWS Super Inspect tool, or whatever.
- Maybe it’ll all work this time Brandon.
- The Idempope.
Relevant to your interests
- Why Do Corporations Speak the Way They Do? - related, from 2006.
- The secret sauce graphics, 2007. Andrew Shafer’s 2010 update.
- White papers (best one ever: “Standard Bank: Our DevOps Journey,” Chef)
- Sales tools.
- Case studies.
- Guidance (vs. Gartner Burton papers).
- Writing down chunks of sales-hustle lore.
- How it effects the business.
- Have opinions.
- Millennials Want Credible Digital Content — So Give It To Them!
- Amazon AMI thing.
- Salesforce secures $1.3B+ deal for Vlocity, also co-CEO left (what’s up with two CEOs?)
- VMware, Tanzu
- Signal signal - Matt’s paranoid security.
- The Tech Revolt Finally Comes for Oracle
- Morgan Stanley Is Buying E*Trade, Betting on Littler Customers
- Signal Is Finally Bringing Its Secure Messaging to the Masses
- Trump administration backs Oracle in Google fightNonsense
- Google Cloud President Tariq Shaukat Vacating His Role
- DigitalOcean raises $100M in debt as it scales toward revenue of $300M, profitability
- HP adopts poison pill after Xerox's buyout attempts
- VMware Details its Tanzu/Kubernetes Strategy After Pivotal Merger
- Oracle's Allies Against Google Include Scott McNealy and America's Justice Department - Slashdot
- Google Plots Course to Overtake Cloud Rivals
- Apple Weighs Letting Users Switch Default iPhone Apps to Rivals
- The Ars Technica semi-scientific guide to Wi-Fi Access Point placement
- Google Cloud beefs up Chronicle, reCaptcha Enterprise and Web Risk API hit general availability
- When Speakers are Ears
- Why Those Gaps in Kubernetes Are Really a Good Thing
- Red Hat slips through Platform 16 to OpenStack wizarding world, says customers still want to run their own cloud
- Google Jumps to #4 on Cloud Wars Top 10 Behind #1 Microsoft, #2 AWS, #3 Salesforce
- MWC now stands for Mighty Wallet Crusher? Smaller firms counting the cost after mobile industry event scrapped
- Firefox now encrypts domain name requests by default in the US
- Google Cloud CEO Called Oracle Cloud a 'Disgrace'
- Keith Block Steps Down as Salesforce Co-CEO; Marc Benioff is Chair and CEO
- Report: Austin Ranks No. 1 in the Nation for Jobs
- The makers of Jif peanut butter team up with Giphy to try to settle the GIF/Jif debate once and for all
- Costco’s Famous Hot Dog Could Cost You $60
Arrested DevOps Podcast:
Subscribe today by searching for “Arrested DevOps” in you favorite podcast app or by visiting https://www.arresteddevops.com/.
Conferences, et. al.
- QCon London, March 2nd to 6th - Coté speaking on March 2nd.
- Agile Scotland, March 6th: sessions, tickets.
- KubeCon EU in Amsterdam March 30 – April 2*,* use code KCEUSDP15 for 15% off.
- DevOpsDays Austin 2020 May 4th and 5th
- ChefConf 2020 in Seattle June 1-4
- DevOpsDays Minneapolis, August 4 - 5, 2020 use code SDT for 10% off registration
- THAT Conference August 3 - 6 in Wisconsin Dells, WI. Call for Counselors (Speakers) open until March 1st.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to email@example.com and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Brandon: Gringo: The Dangerous Life of John McAfee on Netflix.
- Matt: Harry Potter & The Cursed Child.
- Coté: Hild. SpringOne Platform 2019 CFP. My book, The Business Bottleneck, is out for free.
Outro: “Hey Now.”