How important is domain knowledge for a new CEO? What is the key to building a successful Open Source Business? What is Kelsey Hightower really asking? We answer all these questions and more. Plus, Matt explains why a bus pass is better than a driver’s license in Australia.
Relevant to your interests
- Executive Shuffles
- Google just hired a former Microsoft exec to spearhead G Suite and Javier Soltero’s Bio
- ServiceNow Announces Bill McDermott to Become CEO, Succeeding John Donahoe, Who Is Stepping Down to Become CEO of Nike
- Free Software a.k.a Open Source
- Kelsey Hightower asks a question…
- Good news for developers: The CLI is back | ZDNet
- IBM stock downgraded on fears of long-term Red Hat impact, other worries
- Six Reasons Why iOS 13 and Catalina Are So Buggy
- Not LibreOffice too? Beloved open-source suite latest to fall victim to the curse of Catalina
This episode is sponsored by SolarWinds and one of their APM tools – Loggly.
To try it FREE for 14 days, just go to http://loggly.com/sdt.
This is episode is brought to you by PagerDuty. To see how companies like GE, Vodafone, Box and American Eagle Outfitters rely on PagerDuty to continuously improve their digital operations visit https://pagerduty.com.
Conferences, et. al.
- Nov 2nd - EmacsConf 2019
- Nov 3rd to 7th - Gartner Symposium, Barcelona. Coté has a €625 discount code if you ask him for it.
- December - 2019, a city near you: The 2019 SpringOne Tours are posted: Toronto Dec 2nd.
- December 12-13 2019 - Kubernetes Forum Sydney
- Discount off KubeCon North America which is November 18 – 21 in San Diego. Use code KCNASFTPOD19 for a 10% discount.
- NO-SSH-JJ wants you go to DeliveryConf in Seattle on Jan 21st & 22nd, Use promo code: SDT10 to get 10% off. JJ wants you to read about Delivery Conf Format too. †
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Listen to the Software Defined Interviews Podcast. Check out the back catalog.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
This episode is sponsored by SolarWinds and one of their web APM tools: Loggly. It’s scalable cloud-based log management that won’t break the bank. Learn more or try it FREE for 14 days. Just go to http://loggly.com/sdt.
To see how companies like GE, Vodafone, Box and American Eagle Outfitters rely on PagerDuty to continuously improve their digital operations visit https://pagerduty.com.