Convergental and the battle for the new stack
Episode 76 · October 21st, 2016 · 52 mins 51 secs
About this Episode
With a new integration between Kubernetes and VMware, we once again discuss what exactly the battle of the new stack is and how companies could be angling to make money off it. Also, mole and recommendations.
Listen above, subscribe to the feed (or iTunes), or download the MP3 directly.
With Brandon Whichard, Matt Ray, and Coté.
- Oct 25th - Matt at AWS North Sydney.
- Nov 2nd - Pivotal Kansas City roadshow, Coté’ll be there.
- Dec 1st and 2nd - DevOps Days Australia 20% discount code - SDT2016.
- If you like video, see this episodes’ video recording.
VMware doing Kubernetes
- VMware's post, and a product page.
- Photon platform is VMware’s container-play, trying to leverage the VMware ecosystem (vSAN & NSX stuff)
- The New Stack coverage
BONUS LINKS, not covered in the show
AWS & Government
Randy Bias Leaves EMC
- OpenStack advocate/critic, Pets vs. Cattle
- 2 years to the day after the Cloudscaling acquisition Heading to… Juniper
Cisco is AWS Skeptical
What $50 buys You at Huaqianbei
- Brandon: Accused Podcast.
- Matt: Song Exploder podcast and the Tobacco album “Sweatbox Dynasty”
- Coté: Kirkland brushed khaki pants. Also, espadrilles from that store in BCN, La Manual Alpargatera. Apple Live Photos.