This week we discuss why Google abandons products, the 2022 State of DevOps Report and Elon’s texts. Plus, some thoughts on glasses…
- Leave it all in Brighttalk
- Let’s talk about it and I’ll read it later
- Killed by Google Wins Again
- Tell that to the WeWork founder
- Buy somebody who’s already on the Moon
- Anyone from software thinks they can do anything
- Lots of learnings.
- I hate DNS, but I’ve never seen a domain name I didn’t buy.
- A good Brandon issue
- Google’s Incentives
- 2022 State of DevOps Report
- Elon Musk’s Texts Shatter the Myth of the Tech Genius
Relevant to your Interests
- GitLab beats expectations with impressive revenue growth, but its stock falls anyway
- Two Former eBay Executives Sentenced to Prison for Cyberstalking
- We’re excited to announce that the transaction to combine Citrix and TIBCO
- Can a Zebra Change Its Stripes?
- VR & AR headset designers should consider how their customers look like when wearing them
- CEO Tim Cook says Apple avoids the word 'metaverse'
- DALL·E Now Available Without Waitlist
- Introducing Make-A-Video: An AI system that generates videos from text
- The Thorny Problem of Keeping the Internet’s Time
- Postgres WASM by Snaplet and Supabase
- Linux 6.0 arrives with support for newer chips, core fixes, and oddities
- The Most Visited Website in Every Country (That Isn’t A Search Engine)
- Bridgewater Founder Ray Dalio Hands Over Control of Firm
- World's First Laptop with RISC-V Processor Now Available
- CoRecursive: Coding Stories: Android's Unlikely Success on Apple Podcasts
- Database 2x2
- Pat Gelsinger came back to turn Intel around
- State Of Developer Relations
- Red Hat Storage strategy update
- IBM Redefines Hybrid Cloud Application and Data Storage Adding Red Hat Storage to IBM Offerings
- IBM + Red Hat: Doubling Down on Hybrid Cloud Storage
- DevOps Is Dead. Embrace Platform Engineering
- Kim Kardashian pays over $1 million to settle SEC charges linked to a crypto promo on her Instagram
- Test drive new McLaren Formula 1 themes in your Chrome browser
- Tacos Are a Staple in Austin. How Is Inflation Impacting Taco Spots?
- Google Japan’s latest version of it’s new keyboard, G-Board
- "The Re-Org Rag (I'm My Own VP)"
- Sydney Cloud FinOps Meetup, online, Oct 13, 2022 Matt’s presenting
- KubeCon North America, Detroit, Oct 24 – 28, 2022
- SpringOne Platform, SF, December 6–8, 2022
- THAT Conference Texas Call For Counselors Jan 16-19, 2023
- CloudNativeSecurityCon North America, Seattle, Feb 1 – 2, 2023
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Why the Voice Inside Your Head Can Sound Like a Jerk ****(Podcast)
- The Chatter Toolbox (PDF)
- Matt: Keyboard.io Model 100
- Coté: classic microplane.