This week we recap Datadog’s announcements, discuss Sequoia’s investment pivot and hot takes on Facebook’s intent to rebrand. Plus, some thoughts on heated pools…
- Dash 2021: Guide to Datadog’s newest announcements
- The Sequoia Fund: Patient Capital for Building Enduring Companies
- Facebook is planning to rebrand the company with a new name
Relevant to your interests
- Sam Altman’s Worldcoin wants to scan eyeballs in exchange for crypto
- Sphere has joined Twitter!
- Red Hat continues to grow, but IBM’s struggles continue
- Apple Safari browser might become the new Internet Explorer
- VMware/Dell split confirmed for November 1st
- Microsoft reverses controversial .NET change after open source community outcry
- Scaled Agile DevOps Maturity Framework 2.4 - Enterprise transformation without the risk of culture change!
- Amazon Web Services plans to design more of its own semiconductors, CEO says
- Hertz Orders 100,000 Teslas, Part of Plan to Electrify Fleet
- Web 2 Map
- Australia Buys Telecom in Expensive Push to Keep China Out of Pacific
- Microsoft acquires Clear Software to enhance connectivity to systems of record
- NewRelic acquires CodeStream to provide chat in developer environments, inks Microsoft IDE partnership
- Cisco Accelerates Innovation of AppDynamics Business Observability Platform with Intent to Acquire replex
- vscode.dev Visual Studio Code for the Web
- EBCDIC is incompatible with GDPR
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at strongdm.com/SDT
- CBT Nuggets — Training available for IT Pros anytime, anywhere. Start your 7-day Free Trial today at cbtnuggets.com/sdt
- MongoDB.local London 2021 - November 9, 2021
- THAT Conference comes to Texas January 17-20, 2022
- Jordi wants you to work at Cypress.io
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Brandon*:* Dune
- Coté: The Complete Works of Bruegel.