That’s a thing, I don’t need to read about it
Episode 281 · January 15th, 2021 · 1 hr 1 min
About this Episode
This week we discuss VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger jumping to Intel and what is going on with DevSecOps. Plus, lots advice on picking movies both you and your partner will enjoy.
- VMware CEO → Intel
- What’s the latest Solarwinds hack news?
- Coté is figuring out “DevSecOps” - or is it “DevOpsSec”?
Relevant to your interests
- Bitcoin and Blockchain
- Raspberry PI
- Parler accuses Amazon of breaking antitrust law in suspending hosting services.
- Parler Finds Refuge With the Far-Right's Favorite Webhost
- Parler loses data
- Parler’s amateur coding could come back to haunt Capitol Hill rioters
- The balkanization of the cloud is bad for everyone
- Decentralization Is A Necessity Now
- It happened. Twitter shut down @realDonaldTrump for good
- State of the World 2021
- Goodreads plans to retire API access, disables existing API keys | Joe's website
- ‘Your Cock Is Mine Now:’ Hacker Locks Internet-Connected Chastity Cage, Demands Ransom
- Video games have replaced music as the most important aspect of youth culture | Sean Monahan
- Intel CEO Bob Swan to be replaced with VMWare's Pat Gelsinger
- WhatsApp gives users an ultimatum: Share data with Facebook or stop using the app
- First Oracle said it powered Zoom. Then AWS claimed it. Now Zoom says it uses co-located kit
- Poland plans to make censoring of social media accounts illegal
- Dropbox to cut workforce by 11%
- strongDM — Manage and audit remote access to infrastructure. Start your free 14-day trial today at: strongdm.com/SDT
- Jordi wants you to work at Tricentis
- Michael wants to be a Solution Architect at Cloudbees
- More info in SDT Slack see channel #jobs
- Call for Papers ends on Jan. 31st for DevOpsDay Texas on March 2nd.
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack.
- Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Brandon built the Quick Concall iPhone App and he wants you to buy it for $0.99.
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF, so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk!
- Matt: Apple TV’s Ted Lasso
- Brandon: Possessor.
- Coté: Descript, so far. Bear app. Don’t spike your mind during family time with inserting work.