That thermometer don’t work with my iPhone 7, also, AWS kube’ed & DevOps Thought Lordin’
About This Episode
At long last, Amazon joins the CNCF to work on kubernetes and container related projects. While it's not incredibly clear how strong this embrace is, it's pretty high up there. We also discuss if there's any new topics in DevOps and check-in on the anti-trust in tech meme.
Meta, follow-up, etc.
- Patreon - like anyone who starts these things, I have no idea WTF it is, if it’s a good idea, or if I should be ashamed. Need some product/market fit.
- Check out the Software Defined Talk Members Only White-Paper Exiguous podcast over there.
- Join us all in the SDT Slack.
AWS caves to the kube
- Press release: “Amazon Web Services Joins Cloud Native Computing Foundation as Platinum Member.”
- Does this mean they’ll do Kubernetes stuff?
- “AWS plans to take an active role in the cloud native community, contributing to Kubernetes and other cloud native technologies such as containerd, CNI, and linkerd.”
- Adrian is all like: “we doin’ the open sourcery.”
- Heptio release: Ark and such.
- What’s the deal with Andy Rooney?
- By the way, what’s “cloud-native” meaning now-a-days. We got the way Coté uses it, we got CNCF (straight up containers?), and then we got whatever this type of thing is (think it’s the Coté/Pivotal definition).
Thought Lord Problems
- Is DevOps tired? What are the new topics in DevOps
Disruption vs. the Government
- Google and Facebook.
- Amazon and Whole Foods.
- The Best Buy pain trade.
- “Why the grim reaper of retail hasn't come to claim Best Buy.”
- Amazon doesn't kill everyone (yet)
All your svn and stories belong to us
- Get $50 off Casper mattresses with the code: horraymattray
- NEW DISCOUNT! DevOpsDays Nashville, $25 off with the code 2017NashDevOpsDays - Coté will be keynoting - October 17th and 18th, 2017.
- NEW DISCOUNT! DevOpsDays Kansas City, September 21st and 22nd.
- Use the code SDT2017 when you register.
- PLUS we have one free ticket to give away. So, we need to figure out how to do that.
- Coté speaking at DevOps Riga and DevOps Kansas City.
- Coté also speaking at Austin OpenStack Meetup, August 17th, 2017.
- The Register’s conference, Continuous Lifecycle, in London (May 2018) has it’s CFP open, closed October 20th - submit something!
- SpringOne Platform registration open, Dec 4th to 5th. Use the code S1P200_Cote for $200 off registration. Check out this cool animated gif.
- Matt’s on the Road!
- Matt Ray: exa, a modern replacement for ‘ls’; Sed & Awk 2nd Edition!
- Brandon: Sleeping Gods and Walking Gods.
- Coté: CostCo Saint Louis ribs. I feel like these are not healthy at all, but they sure are good. Also, the three European cheese plate. And use this good scallop recipe.
Andy Rooney picture from Stephenson Brown.